The popular Showtime series Californication returns for it’s 6th season Sunday January 13 at 10:30 pm ET, and two days later, the show’s soundtrack will be released, featuring covers of some iconic classic rock and metal artists.
Former Sex Pistol Steve Jones leads off the album with a cover of David Bowie‘s “Suffragette City,” and country-rocker Ryan Adams does a much different take on Iron Maiden’s metal classic “Wasted Years” (watch Adams perform it here).
The soundtrack also includes shock rocker Marilyn Manson covering Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus,” the late New York Dolls member Johnny Thunders’ solo song “You Can’t Put Your Arms ‘Round A Memory,” Warren Zevon’s “For My Next Trick, I’ll Need A Volunteer” from his chillingly titled 2000 album Life’ll Kill Ya, and Joe Walsh’s “Funk 50” from his latest album, Analog Man.
— Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dramas: Explained
- Win Tickets To See ‘Memories of Frank… Celebrating 100 Years of Sinatra’
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- B.B. King’s Band Tours with Bluesman Jesse Robinson
- Listen: The Monkees’ New Song ‘She Makes Me Laugh’ Written by Rivers Cuomo of Weezer
- Listen to Bob Dylan’s ‘All the Way’ From His ‘Fallen Angels’ LP