The popular Showtime series Californication returns for it’s 6th season Sunday January 13 at 10:30 pm ET, and two days later, the show’s soundtrack will be released, featuring covers of some iconic classic rock and metal artists.
Former Sex Pistol Steve Jones leads off the album with a cover of David Bowie‘s “Suffragette City,” and country-rocker Ryan Adams does a much different take on Iron Maiden’s metal classic “Wasted Years” (watch Adams perform it here).
The soundtrack also includes shock rocker Marilyn Manson covering Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus,” the late New York Dolls member Johnny Thunders’ solo song “You Can’t Put Your Arms ‘Round A Memory,” Warren Zevon’s “For My Next Trick, I’ll Need A Volunteer” from his chillingly titled 2000 album Life’ll Kill Ya, and Joe Walsh’s “Funk 50” from his latest album, Analog Man.
— Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Alicia Keys To Honor Clive Davis At 13th Annual Black Ball Benefit In NYC
- Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Spoof Tom Petty’s ‘Free Fallin’
- Heart Singer’s Husband Accused of Assault
- Celebrities and Performers Pay Their Respects to Gene Wilder
- Apollonia Appears at ‘Purple Rain’ Celebration
- Sporty Spice Explains Why She Skipped the Spice Girls ‘Reunion’