The popular Showtime series Californication returns for it’s 6th season Sunday January 13 at 10:30 pm ET, and two days later, the show’s soundtrack will be released, featuring covers of some iconic classic rock and metal artists.
Former Sex Pistol Steve Jones leads off the album with a cover of David Bowie‘s “Suffragette City,” and country-rocker Ryan Adams does a much different take on Iron Maiden’s metal classic “Wasted Years” (watch Adams perform it here).
The soundtrack also includes shock rocker Marilyn Manson covering Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus,” the late New York Dolls member Johnny Thunders’ solo song “You Can’t Put Your Arms ‘Round A Memory,” Warren Zevon’s “For My Next Trick, I’ll Need A Volunteer” from his chillingly titled 2000 album Life’ll Kill Ya, and Joe Walsh’s “Funk 50” from his latest album, Analog Man.
— Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Tom Petty Named 2017 MusiCares Person of the Year
- Firing Diddy: Uptown Records CEO Andre Harrell on Firing His Intern, Sean Combs
- Madonna Gets Naked to ‘Vote with Katy Perry’ in Support of Clinton
- Win Tickets To See Arrival from Sweden: The Music of ABBA At The St. George Theatre
- Win Tickets To See Darlene Love In St. George
- Win Tickets To See Foreigner At Carnegie Hall