The popular Showtime series Californication returns for it’s 6th season Sunday January 13 at 10:30 pm ET, and two days later, the show’s soundtrack will be released, featuring covers of some iconic classic rock and metal artists.
Former Sex Pistol Steve Jones leads off the album with a cover of David Bowie‘s “Suffragette City,” and country-rocker Ryan Adams does a much different take on Iron Maiden’s metal classic “Wasted Years” (watch Adams perform it here).
The soundtrack also includes shock rocker Marilyn Manson covering Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus,” the late New York Dolls member Johnny Thunders’ solo song “You Can’t Put Your Arms ‘Round A Memory,” Warren Zevon’s “For My Next Trick, I’ll Need A Volunteer” from his chillingly titled 2000 album Life’ll Kill Ya, and Joe Walsh’s “Funk 50” from his latest album, Analog Man.
— Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To View “An Evening With Neil Young”
- Cuddle Up with Double Shots of Love Songs All Valentine’s Weekend
- Rolling Stones: Trump Doesn’t Have Permission to Use Our Music
- Bruce Springsteen to Release Autobiography in September
- Shannon in the Morning Daily Podcast: Josh Groban, John Elliott’s Adventures with Ginger, McDonald’s Lady Rants, and Teresa Guidice Calls In
- Ray Romano Talks Hookers on Private Jets at the VINYL Premiere