‘Californication’ Soundtrack Features Covers of Bowie, Petty, Metallica, Iron Maiden
The popular Showtime series Californication returns for it’s 6th season Sunday January 13 at 10:30 pm ET, and two days later, the show’s soundtrack will be released, featuring covers of some iconic classic rock and metal artists.
Former Sex Pistol Steve Jones leads off the album with a cover of David Bowie‘s “Suffragette City,” and country-rocker Ryan Adams does a much different take on Iron Maiden’s metal classic “Wasted Years” (watch Adams perform it here).
The soundtrack also includes shock rocker Marilyn Manson covering Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus,” the late New York Dolls member Johnny Thunders’ solo song “You Can’t Put Your Arms ‘Round A Memory,” Warren Zevon’s “For My Next Trick, I’ll Need A Volunteer” from his chillingly titled 2000 album Life’ll Kill Ya, and Joe Walsh’s “Funk 50″ from his latest album, Analog Man.
– Brian Ives, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Air Canada Baggage Handler Lets Gravity Do His Job For Him So He Doesn’t Have To
- Genius Ape Lights Fires, Roasts Marshmallows, And Flips Burgers
- This Week In History: The Song That Trumped “Billie Jean,” “Come On Eileen”
- Jim Breuer Remembers The SNL Revival, Loving Show Business
- Jim Norton Has A Really Weird KISS Fantasy
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue