Is Cher Getting Her Own TV Show?
Cher is coming to a television near you… sort of.
The singer recently signed a development deal with the LGBT-friendly network, LOGO, to create a new show. But for those fans hoping for a reality show about the singer’s nearly 50 years in show business, you’re not going to get it.
Instead Cher is writing a pilot script set in Hollywood during the early 1960s, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The show, co-written by comedian Ron Zimmerman (Shake It Up!,‘Til Death), will spearhead the station’s focus on adding more originally scripted shows to their lineup, which already includes Noah’s Arc and Sordid Lives.
No word yet on whether the singer will appear on the show, but we’re hoping she does, wearing some of her old Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour costumes of course.
This is the second writing project Cher has in the works. She is currently writing a Broadway musical based on her life.
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Sleepwalking Dog “Bizkit” Wakes Up, Catches Wall Not Cat
- Ladies and Gentlemen: This Is How NOT To React When Your Car Gets Repossessed
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City