Take-Out For Toddlers Catches On In New York City
You want your two-and-a-half year old to eat healthy, interesting meals everyday, but you’re a working mom or dad and just don’t have time to cook a lot. Waddaya do? Toddler take-out!
The New York Post finds more and more parents of young children in the city are having most meals delivered…and they’re nothing like McDonald’s!
- “Junior’s Fresh” offers the “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom:” organic chicken with curried yogurt, apples and golden raisins on whole-wheat bread for $7.50.
- “Komi Organics” in Brooklyn offers five lunches and dinners a week for your pre-schooler for a flat fee of $180. They have things like grilled artic char with herbed quinoa.
- “Mommy’s Yummies” in Long Island City charges $50 for three lunches and three dinners. One of the meals is sweet potato bisque and basil pasta with zucchini.
Not a chicken nugget in sight and despite the prices, the restaurants that cater to the five and under set say business is booming!
Listen to Mr. G say Chicka Chicka Boom Boom multiple times:
Read more from the NY Post and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- America… Heck Yeah! Experience Freedom While Bald Eagle Gives You A Real Bird’s Eye View
- Enter to Win: The Hit Men Holiday Show
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement