For those who wept like babies after watching Les Miserables, just know, you’re not alone.
A recent video on YouTube shows one family from Long Island, New York that had a lot of trouble keeping it together after seeing the film.
Ryan Ferguson and his brother, Kevin taped their parents’ teary reaction to the closing moments of Les Mis while heading back home.
“Wasn’t it better than the play?” his mom asks while sobbing.
“I was walking and I was crying,” the dad says before admitting just seeing Anne Hathaway sing “I Dreamed a Dream” brought tears to his eyes.
When the two kids start to laugh, their mom snaps asking, “How could you laugh?” before telling them she no longer could talk about the film.
It seems their dad did not share Adam Lambert’s opinion of the film telling the kids that he’s been to funerals for family members where he’s cried less.
What was the saddest part for their mom?
“At the end, [Hugh Jackman’s] eyes,” she said. “He was so old.”
This isn’t the first time tearful movie reviews have gone viral. Last August, a clip of two kids getting more than a little choked up after seeing The Odd Life of Timothy Green racked up more than 3 million views. Spoiler alert: one of the boys says it’s so sad, you’ll want to tear out your eyes.
What movie makes you weep uncontrollably?
–Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dramas: Explained
- Win Tickets To See ‘Memories of Frank… Celebrating 100 Years of Sinatra’
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- B.B. King’s Band Tours with Bluesman Jesse Robinson
- Listen: The Monkees’ New Song ‘She Makes Me Laugh’ Written by Rivers Cuomo of Weezer
- Listen to Bob Dylan’s ‘All the Way’ From His ‘Fallen Angels’ LP