What’s In The Box? Peter Gabriel’s ‘So’ 25th Anniversary Edition
Need a last-minute gift for the rock fan in your life? Or do you just need to figure out what to spend that awesome gift card on? We’re here to help, with rundowns of this year’s best box sets.
THE DEAL: Peter Gabriel left Genesis in 1975 and completely redefined himself as a solo artist, incorporating electronic music influences, and music from other parts of the world (what would soon be coined “world music”). After four albums gained him a new audience, So made him a major pop star, thanks so monster hits like “Sledgehammer,” “Big Time,” “In Your Eyes” and “Don’t Give Up” as well as strong album tracks including “Red Rain” and “That Voice Again.”
The deluxe version of the box set includes the original album remastered, a two-CD live album recorded during the So tour, a DVD of the same concert, a “So DNA” CD of early versions of songs from the album, the Classic Albums: So documentary on DVD, the So LP (yes, vinyl!), a 45″ with two songs from the So sessions that haven’t been released, a download of the album with bonus tracks, and a 60-page hardcover book. There are smaller and less expensive versions of the reissue, but the “Immersion” edition will truly blow your Peter Gabriel-loving friend or family member’s mind.
THE PRICE: $104.56
RELEASE DATE: October 22, 2012
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Need more holiday gift ideas? Try our Holiday Gift Guide.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Beth Stern And The Story Behind Yoda The Miracle Cat
- Morrissey Storms Off Stage in Poland After Heckler Makes Him Feel ‘Unsafe’
- Comedian’s Celebrity Impressions While Stuck in Traffic Are Spot On
- This Looks Safe: Man Builds Backyard Motorcycle Swing FTW
- Watch The World’s Tiniest Guard Dog Foil a Robbery