What’s In The Box? Peter Gabriel’s ‘So’ 25th Anniversary Edition
Need a last-minute gift for the rock fan in your life? Or do you just need to figure out what to spend that awesome gift card on? We’re here to help, with rundowns of this year’s best box sets.
THE DEAL: Peter Gabriel left Genesis in 1975 and completely redefined himself as a solo artist, incorporating electronic music influences, and music from other parts of the world (what would soon be coined “world music”). After four albums gained him a new audience, So made him a major pop star, thanks so monster hits like “Sledgehammer,” “Big Time,” “In Your Eyes” and “Don’t Give Up” as well as strong album tracks including “Red Rain” and “That Voice Again.”
The deluxe version of the box set includes the original album remastered, a two-CD live album recorded during the So tour, a DVD of the same concert, a “So DNA” CD of early versions of songs from the album, the Classic Albums: So documentary on DVD, the So LP (yes, vinyl!), a 45″ with two songs from the So sessions that haven’t been released, a download of the album with bonus tracks, and a 60-page hardcover book. There are smaller and less expensive versions of the reissue, but the “Immersion” edition will truly blow your Peter Gabriel-loving friend or family member’s mind.
THE PRICE: $104.56
RELEASE DATE: October 22, 2012
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Need more holiday gift ideas? Try our Holiday Gift Guide.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Morrissey Laments Media Coverage of Robin Williams That ‘Overshadowed’ Lauren Bacall’s Death
- Ray Davies Denies ‘Mojo’ Report About a 2015 Kinks Reunion
- Bob Dylan Announces Fall North American Tour
- Jeff Bridges ‘Live’ Tracklist Includes Covers of the Byrds, Townes Van Zandt and – Of Course – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Enter To Win: History of the Eagles At The Garden
- Dad Records Teen Daughter’s Wild Backseat #Selfie Session