Need a last-minute gift for the rock fan in your life? Or do you just need to figure out what to spend that awesome gift card on? We’re here to help, with rundowns of this year’s best box sets.
THE DEAL: Peter Gabriel left Genesis in 1975 and completely redefined himself as a solo artist, incorporating electronic music influences, and music from other parts of the world (what would soon be coined “world music”). After four albums gained him a new audience, So made him a major pop star, thanks so monster hits like “Sledgehammer,” “Big Time,” “In Your Eyes” and “Don’t Give Up” as well as strong album tracks including “Red Rain” and “That Voice Again.”
The deluxe version of the box set includes the original album remastered, a two-CD live album recorded during the So tour, a DVD of the same concert, a “So DNA” CD of early versions of songs from the album, the Classic Albums: So documentary on DVD, the So LP (yes, vinyl!), a 45″ with two songs from the So sessions that haven’t been released, a download of the album with bonus tracks, and a 60-page hardcover book. There are smaller and less expensive versions of the reissue, but the “Immersion” edition will truly blow your Peter Gabriel-loving friend or family member’s mind.
THE PRICE: $104.56
RELEASE DATE: October 22, 2012
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Need more holiday gift ideas? Try our Holiday Gift Guide.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Soon You Can Tour Prince’s Paisley Park Estate
- Madonna Makes Surprise Appearance at ‘Truth or Dare’ Screening
- Metallica and Roger Waters Set to Perform at Neil Young’s 2016 Bridge School Benefit Concert
- Cher Slams Trump At Clinton Fundraiser; Likens Him To Stalin, Hitler
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 8/24/16
- Bruce Springsteen Gets into Christmas Spirit a Little Early