What’s a Mayan Apocalypse story without a Star Wars connection?
Deep inside the Guatemalan rainforest is the ruins of the Maya temples that George Lucas used to film the planet Yavin 4 in Star Wars.
Local guides say the temple is being inundated by visitors this week and the Guatemalan government forecasts a record 235,000 tourists. These ancient temples have become a pilgrimage site for both hard-core Star Wars fans and end of the world enthusiasts.
“Something big is going to happen,” says the president of Guatemala’s Star Wars fan club!
On a side note, Yavin 4 and the rebel base are actually returning to the Star Wars plot in the upcoming ‘Episode 7,’ IF the world doesn’t end tomorrow.
The shrines also appeared in the 1979 James Bond movie Moonraker in which 007 was lured through the jungle to the lair of his enemy Hugo Drax.
Read more about the Star Wars connection to the end of days HERE.
And let’s hope this isn’t our fate tomorrow:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Anti-Defamation League Says Roger Waters is an Anti-Semite
- Beatles, Isley Brothers To Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award
- U2 Nominated For Golden Globe Against Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift
- Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon Talks New Music, Foo Fighters and the Nuge
- Mr. G’s Bitterly Cold Thursday Forecast