Reasons Why December 21st, 2012 Will NOT Be The End Of The World
Some say the Mayan apocalypse will end the world tomorrow. Fortunately for us, it won’t.
NASA has already issued a press release dated December 22nd entitled “Why the World Didn’t End Yesterday.”
Here are some of the most popular doom and gloom predictions that mostly could be laughed off:
Prediction: The sun will kill us all – Predictions of a Dec. 21st solar storm that will devastate the planet are not based in reality, according to NASA. They say this particular solar maximum is one of the “wimpiest” in recent history!
Prediction: Planet X will collide with Earth – First off, Planet X does not exist.
If it did, NASA says “We would have seen it years ago, it would be impossible for it to go undetected.”
Prediction: The planets will align – There have been planetary alignments in 1962, 1982 and 2000 according to NASA, and we’re all still here.
Prediction: Total Earth blackout – This rumor began circulating in spam emails, and claims that NASA is predicting a total Earth blackout between Dec. 23 and Dec. 25. Way to ruin Christmas!
Read more about the Apocalypse that was not by clicking HERE and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Led Zeppelin’s Motion for Dismissal Denied in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Lawsuit
- Radio.com Minimation: Robert Plant Recalls How ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Was Written
- Pumpkin Festival/Riot Reporter Gets the Business from Irate Organizer
- Ohio State Marching Band Breaks Out the Classic Rock
- And Now, the CUTEST Touchdown, EVER!