Westchester Native Carly Rose Sonenclar Heads Into X-Factor Finals
The finals for season two of The X-Factor heat up tonight as Mamaroneck native Carly Rose Sonenclar looks to best fellow finalists Tate Stevens the group 5th Harmony. The 13-year-old from Westchester called into the Dan Taylor Morning Show this morning to talk about her big night of performances.
“I think we’re all a bit nervous, ya know,” says Sonenclar, the sole survivor of Britney Spears’ “Teens” team. “This week is definitely the craziest out of all of them because we have so many songs we have to learn.”
With the fate solely in the hands of the TV audience, Sonenclar admits it is important to choose a song the masses will be familiar with, opposed to a personal favorite. So far during the competition she has put her touch on tracks from Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Adele, John Lennon and Elton John. But if she had to choose, there is one band that certainly stands out as a personal favorite.
“I would love to sing, like, a Black Keys song, but a lot of people watching would be like ‘What is this song? What is she singing?'”
Listen to the entire interview with Carly Rose Sonenclar:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- David Bowie Producer: New Album Coming ‘Soon’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Ben & Jerry’s Led Zeppelin-Themed Hazed and Confused Ice Cream Under Fire
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards