The next two weeks will be festive in many households, so it’s very important to take proper precautions with your beloved pets! The ASPCA has released a list of helpful tips to keep pets happy and healthy throughout the holiday season.
- It’s important to keep candles, wires, batteries and glass or plastic ornaments out of paws’ reach.
- Tinsel is extra appealing to cats who love sparkly, light-catching “toys” that are easy to bat around and carry in their mouths.
- Feeding your pet a bit of turkey is okay (ONLY if you know for sure they are not allergic!), so long as it has been fully cooked and is bone-free.
- Holly and mistletoe can be dangerous and cause gastrointestinal issues
- Tree water may contain fertilizers and bacteria that cause stomach issues
The ASPCA also recommends non-toxic decorations such as wood, fabric or even pine cones. Read more pet safety tips for the holidays at CBS New York.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Bobby Moynihan’s ‘Defining Moments’ Are on Display in ‘Me, Myself & I’
- Leonard Cohen’s ‘Leaving the Table’ Gets Animated Video
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom’ Documentary Gets Teaser Trailer
- Win Tickets To See Chicago At Coney Island Boardwalk
- Bruce Springsteen Joins Paul McCartney for ‘I Saw Her Standing There’