Important Pet Safety Tips For The Holiday Season
The next two weeks will be festive in many households, so it’s very important to take proper precautions with your beloved pets! The ASPCA has released a list of helpful tips to keep pets happy and healthy throughout the holiday season.
- It’s important to keep candles, wires, batteries and glass or plastic ornaments out of paws’ reach.
- Tinsel is extra appealing to cats who love sparkly, light-catching “toys” that are easy to bat around and carry in their mouths.
- Feeding your pet a bit of turkey is okay (ONLY if you know for sure they are not allergic!), so long as it has been fully cooked and is bone-free.
- Holly and mistletoe can be dangerous and cause gastrointestinal issues
- Tree water may contain fertilizers and bacteria that cause stomach issues
The ASPCA also recommends non-toxic decorations such as wood, fabric or even pine cones. Read more pet safety tips for the holidays at CBS New York.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Watch Every On-Screen Death From The Original ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy In Under 3 Minutes
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen