Important Pet Safety Tips For The Holiday Season
The next two weeks will be festive in many households, so it’s very important to take proper precautions with your beloved pets! The ASPCA has released a list of helpful tips to keep pets happy and healthy throughout the holiday season.
- It’s important to keep candles, wires, batteries and glass or plastic ornaments out of paws’ reach.
- Tinsel is extra appealing to cats who love sparkly, light-catching “toys” that are easy to bat around and carry in their mouths.
- Feeding your pet a bit of turkey is okay (ONLY if you know for sure they are not allergic!), so long as it has been fully cooked and is bone-free.
- Holly and mistletoe can be dangerous and cause gastrointestinal issues
- Tree water may contain fertilizers and bacteria that cause stomach issues
The ASPCA also recommends non-toxic decorations such as wood, fabric or even pine cones. Read more pet safety tips for the holidays at CBS New York.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Bob Dylan Announces New Album ‘Shadows in the Night’
- Gene Simmons Shows You How To Perfectly Apply His Demon Make Up On His Daughter Sophie Tweed-Simmons
- Gregg Allman Dismissed from ‘Midnight Rider’ Lawsuit
- Dennis DeYoung Talks Styx’s Greatest Hits + Double CD/DVD Set