The next two weeks will be festive in many households, so it’s very important to take proper precautions with your beloved pets! The ASPCA has released a list of helpful tips to keep pets happy and healthy throughout the holiday season.
- It’s important to keep candles, wires, batteries and glass or plastic ornaments out of paws’ reach.
- Tinsel is extra appealing to cats who love sparkly, light-catching “toys” that are easy to bat around and carry in their mouths.
- Feeding your pet a bit of turkey is okay (ONLY if you know for sure they are not allergic!), so long as it has been fully cooked and is bone-free.
- Holly and mistletoe can be dangerous and cause gastrointestinal issues
- Tree water may contain fertilizers and bacteria that cause stomach issues
The ASPCA also recommends non-toxic decorations such as wood, fabric or even pine cones. Read more pet safety tips for the holidays at CBS New York.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Christine McVie: Fleetwood Mac is Working on New Music
- Listen to a Track from Bob Dylan’s 36-Disc Set of 1966 Live Recordings
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 9/27/16
- Billy Corgan Opens Up about Role as Wrestling Company President
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: A Look Back at ‘Blood Sugar Sex Magik’ 25 Years Later