What’s In The Box? The Beatles Stereo Box Set
Need a last minute gift for the rock’n’roll fan in your life? Or do you just need to figure out what to spend that awesome gift card on? We’re here to help, with rundowns of this year’s best box sets.
THE BOX: The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set
THE DEAL: This set includes every Beatles album on vinyl, from Please Please Me to Abbey Road, and also includes the Past Masters sets (compiling the group’s non-album singles and rarities). The audio has been remastered, on 180 gram vinyl. The packaging includes fully restored artwork, and the same inner sleeves and inserts that the original records had. All of the LPs will be available separately, but there’s an exclusive 12″ 252 page book that you can only get by getting the box set.
THE PRICE: $319
RELEASE DATE: November 2012
SIDENOTE: If your friend/loved one (or you) is a real purist, you might want to wait until next year when the mono versions of The Beatles’ albums are released. Capitol Records confirms that they will be out next year, though it has not yet been decided if those records will be available separately or only as part of another box set (the mono CDs are only available as part of the The Complete Mono Recordings box set). But if this is out of your budget and you want to get someone (or yourself) a well-deserved Beatles gift, they also have recently released box sets around Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine.
Need more holiday gift ideas? Try our Holiday Gift Guide.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Ringo Starr Announces New Album ‘Postcards from Paradise’
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath: Geezer Butler Arrested for Death Valley Bar Fight
- Brian Wilson’s New Album to Feature Zooey Deschanel, Kacey Musgraves, fun.’s Nate Ruess
- Lena Dunham Engaged? Not Until Gay Marriage Is Legal in Every State
- Tim McGraw to Perform Glen Campbell’s ‘I’m Not Gonna Miss You’ at Oscars