One of the worst parts of the holidays is traveling. TSA have already heightened security procedures for the holidays (gee thanks!) — but at least they’re allowing small snow globes in your carry-on luggage. Even if they won’t let you take a bottle of water.
Comedian Jeff Dunhnam and his puppet Walter feel your pain. Dunham has been stopped many times by airport security for an extra check of what’s in his puppet boxes, and Walter is not a fan.
“Going through security is not fun,” Walter says. “TSA loves me. They look on the X-ray machine and go, ‘What the hell is that?'”
His Muslim puppet Achmed seems to get it the worst from security, however. “Oh Achmed, yes, because he’s all bones. It looks like he’s carrying an actual body,” Walter sullenly jokes.
The joy of a body cavity search doesn’t improve Walter’s holiday mood. If anything, it brings out his Scrooge. When CBS Local asked him about his favorite holiday song, he claimed not to have one, but instead preferred the Jewish traditional folk song “Hava Nagila.”
“I don’t know, uh…no. Just don’t care,” Walter said about Christmas.
We can only assume he hasn’t had a chance to pick up Cee-Lo’s holiday album yet, with special guest stars (and fellow puppets!) the Muppets.
Dunham and all his puppets can be seen in his latest special, Minding the Monsters.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Peter Cetera Bows Out of Chicago Reunion — Again
- Win Tickets To See Duran Duran at Barclays
- The Monkees Announce 50th Anniversary Album, Rivers Cuomo, Ben Gibbard Contribute Tracks
- Elton John, Boyz II Men Join James Corden for Super Bowl 50 Special
- Twitter Reaction: Beyonce, Bruno Mars Outshine Coldplay In Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Top 10 Super Bowl 50 Commercials