The Lumineers Shocked By GRAMMY Nominations: “People Like Us!”
The Lumineers recently received two GRAMMY nominations, as Best New Artist and Best Americana Album. Before their set at KROQ’s Almost Acoustic Christmas they revealed that they didn’t see the recognition coming.
“It’s like every other week, you know what I mean?” Wesley Schultz joked.
When they got the call to attend the GRAMMY nominations concert they never thought they had a shot to be nominated. But there must have been clues at some point during the concert.
“Only because there was a camera in front of where we were sitting right before they announced the Best New Artist nominations,” Neyla Pekarek admitted. “Are you guys the Lumineers? One, two, three? Great. Great. Here we go!”
Bandmate Jeremiah Fraites is still shocked.
“We had no idea. We found out we were going two days before we even went,” he admitted.
Meanwhile, Wesley recalled the days no one knew who they were.
“We’ve played in front of rooms where nobody knows us. It’s only up until recently that we’ve played for people who know anything about us,” he said.
The Lumineers have come a long way. With their single “Ho Hey” becoming a radio hit, two GRAMMY nominations only add to their popularity.
“Somebody liked us. People like us.” Wesley said.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- #ThrowbackThursday Interview: Smokey Robinson Describes The Concert Experience
- Single Again: Survivor – ‘Eye of the Tiger’
- Ultimate Selfie Fail Caught On Camera
- Dog Does Tricks, Complains the Whole Time
- Listen to an Alternate Version of Led Zeppelin’s ‘Stairway to Heaven’
- Brand New Little Brother Wonders Where His Sister’s “Weenie” Is