“Never Take Relationship Advice From Phil Spector”: Mick Jagger’s Top Ten From “Letterman”
One night before the Rolling Stones take the stage at the 12.12.12 concert, Mick Jagger visited Late Show With David Letterman to give the Top Ten List. His list included “Nobody wants to hear anything from your new album!” (Advice that Jagger probably doesn’t take too seriously: both of the band’s new songs, “Doom And Gloom” and “One More Shot” have made the band’s setlist at their recent shows.) There was also “Never take relationship advice from Phil Spector,” “Before shouting ‘Hi, Seattle!’ make sure you are in Seattle” and “You don’t earn a cent when someone does a song about having ‘Moves Like Jagger’,” referencing pop-rock band’s Maroon 5’s recent Mick-centric hit single.
Watch the entire Jagger-hosted Top Ten here.
Jagger and the Stones play two nights at Newark’s Prudential Center this week: Thursday (December 13) and Saturday (December 15), the second of which will also be a pay-per-view special; at that show, they’ll be joined by Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga and The Black Keys.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week in History: The Beatles Take Over the Charts, Johnny Taylor’s ‘Disco Lady’ + Styx’s ‘Paradise Theatre
- This Teletubbies & Joy Division Mashup Video Will Haunt Your Dreams
- The Who Could Be Writing a New Album
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Win Tickets For Bryan Adams’ ‘Reckless Tour’
- Jimmy Fallon Singing ‘Barbara Ann’ with Wax Statues of Himself Is a Little Creepy