“Never Take Relationship Advice From Phil Spector”: Mick Jagger’s Top Ten From “Letterman”
One night before the Rolling Stones take the stage at the 12.12.12 concert, Mick Jagger visited Late Show With David Letterman to give the Top Ten List. His list included “Nobody wants to hear anything from your new album!” (Advice that Jagger probably doesn’t take too seriously: both of the band’s new songs, “Doom And Gloom” and “One More Shot” have made the band’s setlist at their recent shows.) There was also “Never take relationship advice from Phil Spector,” “Before shouting ‘Hi, Seattle!’ make sure you are in Seattle” and “You don’t earn a cent when someone does a song about having ‘Moves Like Jagger’,” referencing pop-rock band’s Maroon 5’s recent Mick-centric hit single.
Watch the entire Jagger-hosted Top Ten here.
Jagger and the Stones play two nights at Newark’s Prudential Center this week: Thursday (December 13) and Saturday (December 15), the second of which will also be a pay-per-view special; at that show, they’ll be joined by Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga and The Black Keys.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- America… Heck Yeah! Experience Freedom While Bald Eagle Gives You A Real Bird’s Eye View
- Enter to Win: The Hit Men Holiday Show
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- ‘Being Brad Blanks': A Red Carpet Interview About John Malkovich’s Study of the Octopus