Tips On Avoiding Disaster At Your Office Holiday Party
It’s that time of year again for the office holiday party!
Whether or not you enjoy them, 91% of offices will have some kind of party this year and CBS this morning has some tips for getting through it without killing your career.
- Try not to avoid going to the party altogether. Be a “team player” because avoiding it will only prevent potential connections
- Determine the dress code before you go to a party. If you’re not sure, it’s best to wear business attire. Don’t be provocative!
- Make sure your manager sees you at the party and also remembers speaking to you.
- Don’t drink too much (or avoid alcohol altogether)! Consider the party a “fun business meeting.”
- Be polite and take a sip if your manager wants to share a drink, but don’t overdo it
- Do not flirt with your coworkers! Too many people will talk about it the next day
- Before leaving, say “thank you” to the party organizer and your boss
- If you “make a mistake” at the party, be sincere and apologize for your lapse in judgment
Dan has some advice for Mr. G when it comes to the copy machine and the office party:
Get more holiday office party tips from CBS News and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Beth Stern And The Story Behind Yoda The Miracle Cat
- Morrissey Storms Off Stage in Poland After Heckler Makes Him Feel ‘Unsafe’
- Comedian’s Celebrity Impressions While Stuck in Traffic Are Spot On
- This Looks Safe: Man Builds Backyard Motorcycle Swing FTW