Rolling Stones Added To 12.12.12 Concert, Mick & Keith To Do Letterman’s “Top Ten”
The Rolling Stones have been added to New York City’s 12.12.12 concert taking place next week (on, as it’s name suggests, December 12). Dubbed “The Concert For Sandy Relief,” the show, which takes place at Madison Square Garden, will raise money to help provide assistance to the millions of people throughout the tri-state area who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy.
The already stellar lineup includes local heroes Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel and Alicia Keys, as well as Eric Clapton, Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters, Chris Martin of Coldplay, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, Roger Waters of Pink Floyd, Kanye West, Paul McCartney and The Who.
In other Stones news, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards will present the “Top Ten List” on The Late Show With David Letterman the night before, Tuesday, December 11. Jagger and Richards, who first graced the Ed Sullivan Theater stage when the Stones made their first of many performances on The Ed Sullivan Show on Oct. 25, 1964, will be making their first visit to The Late Show.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, ABBA Among 2015 GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inductees
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater