Bruce Springsteen Nabs Three GRAMMY Nominations; “Springsteen” Gets Two More
Bruce Springsteen nabbed three GRAMMY nominations Wednesday night, and the song that bears his name got two more. Bruce’s “We Take Care Of Our Own,” which opens his latest album, Wrecking Ball, was nominated for Best Rock Performance and Best Rock Song. He is the only solo artist in the Performance category, and is up against The Black Keys, Coldplay, Mumford & Sons and newcomers Alabama Shakes. In the Song category, he’s pitted against The Black Keys and Mumford & Sons again, as well as Jack White and Muse.
Wrecking Ball is nominated in the Best Rock Album category, alongside The Black Keys’ El Camino, Mumford & Sons’ Babel, Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto, Muse’s The 2nd Law and Jack White’s Blunderbuss.
Meanwhile, “Springsteen” — the song by country singer Eric Church that name drops several Bruce classics — was nominated for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song.
Springsteen — the man, not the song — has 20 career GRAMMY wins, and will be celebrated at the GRAMMY MusiCares Person Of The Year ceremony on February 8, two nights before the GRAMMY Awards.
Bruce wasn’t the only icon with nominations: Paul McCartney‘s Kisses On The Bottom was nominated for Best Traditional Pop album, a category that featured only two other entries: Carole King‘s A Holiday Carole, and Michael Buble’s Christmas. McCartney’s reissue of Ram, his 1971 album with his late wife Linda McCartney, was nominated for Best Historical Album (The Beach Boys‘ Smile Sessions is also in that category).
The 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards airs on CBS February 10 at 8 pm ET/7 pm central.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Morrissey Laments Media Coverage of Robin Williams That ‘Overshadowed’ Lauren Bacall’s Death
- Ray Davies Denies ‘Mojo’ Report About a 2015 Kinks Reunion
- Bob Dylan Announces Fall North American Tour
- Jeff Bridges ‘Live’ Tracklist Includes Covers of the Byrds, Townes Van Zandt and – Of Course – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Enter To Win: History of the Eagles At The Garden
- Dad Records Teen Daughter’s Wild Backseat #Selfie Session