Bruce Springsteen has been having a good week. On Wednesday (December 5), the twenty-time GRAMMY winner picked up three GRAMMY nominations, And the night before, he hosted some pretty rocking guests onstage.
Springsteen and The E Street Band were playing the Honda Center in Anaheim, California, and they were joined by Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello and Social Distortion frontman Mike Ness.
According to Springsteen fansite Backstreets, Morello joined the band on the show’s opening number, “Land of Hope and Dreams,” and also played on “Death to My Hometown,” “This Depression,” “The Ghost of Tom Joad,” “Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out” and “Badlands.” Halfway through the epic three-hour show, Mike Ness came onstage to lead the band through Social Distortion’s 1992 hit, “Bad Luck.”
Both artists have appeared with Springsteen onstage and in the studio. Springsteen added vocals to Ness’ solo song “Misery Loves Company” on his solo debut, 1999’s Cheating At Solitaire. Morello, meanwhile, guested on a number of tracks on Bruce’s latest album, the GRAMMY nominated Wrecking Ball.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To See The Pretenders At Terminal 5
- The CBS-FM $1000 Song Of The Day
- Win Tickets To See Barry Manilow At Nassau Coliseum
- Win Tickets To See Pat Benatar At St. George Theatre
- Win Tickets To See Straight No Chaser at PNC Bank Arts Center
- Enter To Win Tickets To See The Zombies at Town Hall