It’s not a co-headlining tour: it’s billed as a Rod Stewart tour with Winwood as his “special guest.” Stewart has kept busy lately, having co-headlined tours with Stevie Nicks, releasing his first Christmas album, Merry Christmas, Baby and the book ROD: The Autobiography. He’s also working on his next album, which is said to be a rock album of originals (as opposed to his many albums of standards and covers in recent years).
Winwood has toured frequently over the past five years; his last studio album was 2008’s Nine Lives. Winwood did a tour with his former Blind Faith bandmate Eric Clapton in 2008, where they played as one band. This tour, however, will be two separate sets, although hopefully the two artists will get together for a duet.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets For Daryl Hall & John Oates At PNC
- Win Tickets To An Advanced Screening Of ‘Ghostbusters’
- Win Tickets To ‘A Night at Studio 54’ At Resorts World
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Defamation Lawsuit Continues
- Chris Cornell Brings Classics, Humor and Warmth to NJ Show
- Sound of Silence: Is Paul Simon Retiring From Music?