It’s not a co-headlining tour: it’s billed as a Rod Stewart tour with Winwood as his “special guest.” Stewart has kept busy lately, having co-headlined tours with Stevie Nicks, releasing his first Christmas album, Merry Christmas, Baby and the book ROD: The Autobiography. He’s also working on his next album, which is said to be a rock album of originals (as opposed to his many albums of standards and covers in recent years).
Winwood has toured frequently over the past five years; his last studio album was 2008’s Nine Lives. Winwood did a tour with his former Blind Faith bandmate Eric Clapton in 2008, where they played as one band. This tour, however, will be two separate sets, although hopefully the two artists will get together for a duet.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To See Barry Manilow At Nassau Coliseum
- Win Tickets To See Pat Benatar At St. George Theatre
- Win Tickets To See Straight No Chaser at PNC Bank Arts Center
- Enter To Win Tickets To See The Zombies at Town Hall
- Win Tickets To See The Zombies & A Copy Of The Book “The Zombies 50th Anniversary of Odessey & Oracle”
- Pink Floyd Open to Glastonbury Reunion