New Cher Album To Be Released In March
It’s been over a decade since Cher’s released her last album, but fans can look forward to new music in the new year.
Cher’s record label, Warner Bros., has confirmed to Billboard that her as-yet-untitled album would be out in March 2013.
Though the label gave no other details about the release, Cher has already hinted on Twitter that the follow-up to 2001’s Living Proof will be full of eclectic dance songs. No one song sounds the same, she says, but they will be full of “big ass choruses, some heart rippers!”
Last month, she even gave fans a taste of her new record with the release of “Woman’s World,” a club thumper that acts as a women’s empowerment anthem and shares a few similarities with “Your Body” by Christina Aguilera, who co-starred with Cher in the 2010 movie Burlesque.
Listen to the song below and let us know what you think of Cher’s latest.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Gregg Allman Talks Dickey Betts, and the Future of the Allman Brothers Band
- David Bowie, Flaming Lips, T.I. to Write Songs for SpongeBob Musical
- ‘The Pretenders’ Singer Chrissie Hynde Under Fire for Rape Comments
- MTV VMAs 2015: Complete Winners List
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic in History
- Win Tickets For Smokey Robinson at NYCB Theater