Rod Stewart, Mariah Carey And Cee Lo Green Highlight Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting
Carey belted out two of her Holiday hits, “All I Want for Christmas is You” and “Christmas Time is in the Air Again.” Stewart sang “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” while Green performed “This Christmas” and “All I Need is Love.” Each of Stewart and Green’s selection come from their respective Holiday albums.
Additional performances during the 80th annual celebration included Trace Adkins, Tony Bennett, Scotty McCreery, Victoria Justice, Il Volo, and Brooke White. Appearances were also made by Billy Crystal, Bette Midler and The Muppets.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other guests hit the switch and turned the lights just before 9pm, illuminating the 80-foot Norway spruce. More than 30,000 lights surround the tree, which made its way from Mount Olive, N.J., and is topped by a Swarovski star.
You can view the tree until January 7th before it is turned into lumber and donated to Habitat For Humanity.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Former KISS Songwriter Stephen Coronel Arrested for Child Pornography
- Tankers Collide: Imagine If These Pilots Drove on the BQE
- George Harrison Honored by Brian Wilson, Conan O’Brien, Weird Al Yankovic, More at L.A. Concert: Watch
- Hear Aretha Franklin’s Powerful Cover of Adele’s ‘Rolling in the Deep’
- Prince Announces Album Release Livestream Party
- American Idol Runner-Up, ‘Scorpion’ Star Katharine McPhee Looks To Release New Music Next Spring