Led Zeppelin Kennedy Center Honors Coverage
It’s been a great year for Led Zeppelin fans, between the release of the Celebration Day concert album and DVD, a new book of Jimmy Page interviews and two new live Robert Plant releases. And this Sunday, Plant, Page and John Paul Jones will be among the honorees at the very prestigious Kennedy Center Honors ceremony in Washington, D.C. (also being feted at the event: blues legend Buddy Guy, David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova).
Unlike the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, at the Kennedy Center event, the honorees don’t perform: instead, they sit in the balcony with the President and First Lady and watch other artists pay tribute to them. The Kennedy Center generally keeps the list of performers under wraps until the event itself.
The show won’t be broadcasted live: an edited version will air on CBS on December 26. But CBS Local will be there, live-tweeting the event from the Radio.com account. We’ll also have a wrap-up after the show is over Sunday night.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Led Zeppelin’s Motion for Dismissal Denied in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Lawsuit
- Radio.com Minimation: Robert Plant Recalls How ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Was Written
- Pumpkin Festival/Riot Reporter Gets the Business from Irate Organizer
- Ohio State Marching Band Breaks Out the Classic Rock
- And Now, the CUTEST Touchdown, EVER!
- “Happy Days’” Donny Most Talks “Singing & Swinging” To Sinatra and Dean Martin!