The Cost Of ‘The 12 Days Of Christmas’ Skyrockets In 2012
You are out of luck if you hoped to score a deal on the ’12 Days of Christmas’ this year.
PNC Wealth Management’s Christmas Price Index says the cost of buying all 364 items listed in the “12 Days of Christmas” has risen to an insane $107,300.
The total cost is up 6 percent since last year, largely because the ongoing drought has driven up the cost of feed for those 23 birds.
Last-minute shoppers who turn to the Internet will pay a bit more for the gifts. Buying one set of the core items in each verse costs $24,431 in traditional stores this year, but $40,440 online. Part of that difference is the extra expense of shipping live birds.
You can still get one partridge for a reasonable $15, pear tree not included!
Read more HERE about the cost of the 12 days of Christmas and let John Denver and The Muppets tell you more:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Mysteryland Attendee’s Fall from Stage Balcony Caught on Video
- B.B. King Estate Lawyer Calls Poisoning Allegations ‘Baseless & Unfounded’
- U2 Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Found Dead in Los Angeles Hotel Room
- Cher Heads Up Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2015 Campaign: See Her Look
- Amy Schumer Tries To Defend Bill Cosby in the Court of Public Opinion: Watch