You are out of luck if you hoped to score a deal on the ’12 Days of Christmas’ this year.
PNC Wealth Management’s Christmas Price Index says the cost of buying all 364 items listed in the “12 Days of Christmas” has risen to an insane $107,300.
The total cost is up 6 percent since last year, largely because the ongoing drought has driven up the cost of feed for those 23 birds.
Last-minute shoppers who turn to the Internet will pay a bit more for the gifts. Buying one set of the core items in each verse costs $24,431 in traditional stores this year, but $40,440 online. Part of that difference is the extra expense of shipping live birds.
You can still get one partridge for a reasonable $15, pear tree not included!
Read more HERE about the cost of the 12 days of Christmas and let John Denver and The Muppets tell you more:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dramas: Explained
- Win Tickets To See ‘Memories of Frank… Celebrating 100 Years of Sinatra’
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- B.B. King’s Band Tours with Bluesman Jesse Robinson
- Listen: The Monkees’ New Song ‘She Makes Me Laugh’ Written by Rivers Cuomo of Weezer