Get ready to have a “Wonderful Christmastime”: Paul McCartney will take the stage as the Saturday Night Live musical guest on December 15th, according to a press release. Macca will help ring in the holiday season alongside host and former SNL cast member Martin Short.
The appearance also comes on the heels of releasing a brand new Christmas song, a jazzy cover of the holiday standard “The Christmas Song,” which we can guess could be one of his musical numbers for the holiday episode. Today (November 25), McCartney released an expanded version of his 2012 album Kisses on the Bottom, exclusively on iTunes.
This will mark the fourth time McCartney has performed as SNL‘s musical guest, the last being in 2010 where he played a total of five songs and appeared in the opening monologue, a digital short and Weekend Update to show off his comedic chops.
He’s also acted in a few sketches in the past, including one memorable skit on “The Chris Farley Show” in 1993, in which Paul patiently indulged a nervous Farley as he asked goofy questions in a parody talk show style interview with The Beatles legend. Watch below.
The episode airs Dec. 15th on NBC at 11:30 p.m.
- Britt Bickel, K-EARTH
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Anti-Defamation League Says Roger Waters is an Anti-Semite
- Beatles, Isley Brothers To Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Award
- U2 Nominated For Golden Globe Against Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift
- Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon Talks New Music, Foo Fighters and the Nuge
- Mr. G’s Bitterly Cold Thursday Forecast
- ‘Brooklyn’s Own’ Joe Causi @ Joe Mure’s Little North Pole in Queens (Neponsit), NY