Cyber Monday Shopping Warnings And Tips
Today is the busiest day of the year for online shopping, known as “Cyber Monday.” More than 70% of online retailers are planning special promotions this year compared to 42.7% two years ago.
More than ever, there are several new threats you need to be aware of if you plan on shopping during cyber Monday:
Clickjacking – This holiday season, many will fall victim to this attack — by clicking on a phony e-card, Christmas videos, Facebook ‘Like’ chain messages and online coupons that has a malicious program or link is hidden behind it
Drive-By Attacks – This type of attack most commonly occurs with a pop-up ad on a website – when you click on it to make it go away it secretly infects your computer. This can also infect a smartphone when surfing the Web.
“Man-in-the-Browser” – Another Internet browser scam that attacks a flaw or un-patched vulnerability. The best way to avoid a MITB attack is to keep your antivirus up to date and use common sense when surfing the Web.
And just one more tip: The work hour of 1pm today is the peak time for Cyber Monday online shopping, so many sites may run slower than normal during this time.
Read more Cyber Monday shopping tips and take our poll:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Beth Stern And The Story Behind Yoda The Miracle Cat
- Morrissey Storms Off Stage in Poland After Heckler Makes Him Feel ‘Unsafe’
- Comedian’s Celebrity Impressions While Stuck in Traffic Are Spot On
- This Looks Safe: Man Builds Backyard Motorcycle Swing FTW