When it comes to singing for your supper, it’s legacy artists like Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger and Bono who can afford the priciest dinners in the world, according to a recent ranking of music’s richest lead singers compiled by celebritynetworth.com.
Generating the numbers using “all publicly available information including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements” minus “a formula that takes out taxes, manager’s fees, agents’ fees, and lifestyle,” the website found that former Beatles frontman Paul McCartney is the king of bank accounts with a staggering net worth of $800 million. That number is all the more impressive considering the $48.6 million he paid out to ex-wife Heather Mills in their 2008 divorce settlement.
Just behind McCartney is U2 singer Bono, whose $600 million lands him in second place, followed by Jimmy Buffett, sitting on a cool $400 million from his legion of devoted “Parrotheads,” who pack his concerts and two restaurant franchises.
Elton John and Mick Jagger round out the list’s Top Five, worth $320 million and $305 million, respectively.
–Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Bobby Moynihan’s ‘Defining Moments’ Are on Display in ‘Me, Myself & I’
- Leonard Cohen’s ‘Leaving the Table’ Gets Animated Video
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom’ Documentary Gets Teaser Trailer
- Win Tickets To See Chicago At Coney Island Boardwalk
- Bruce Springsteen Joins Paul McCartney for ‘I Saw Her Standing There’
- Harry Connick Jr. Is Your Midday Obsession on ‘Harry’