Mick Jagger Compares One Direction To A Young Rolling Stones
Music differences aside, the Rolling Stones share some similarities with one of today’s biggest boy bands and fellow Brits, One Direction. Those are the words straight from the Rooster’s mouth, at least when it comes to the beginning of the Stones’ career.
“I watched a concert of One Direction on the TV the other night, you know just to check [it] out,” Jagger told CNN. “It reminded me very much of our early concerts, when we were pushed around among the audience and we would kind of float. They were like, floating above the audience, and they looked like, really distinctly uncomfortable.”
If Jagger’s comments confuse you, guitarist Ronnie Wood‘s may put you into shock, as he seems to admire 1D quite a bit, going as far as to say their contemporaries could look to them for inspiration. Wood would even be willing to jump into the studio with the five rising stars.
“They still want me to come and jam with them I said, ‘yeah, I’ll come and play with you anytime,'” Wood said.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- ‘David Bowie Is’ Exhibition Gets Documentary, U.S. Debut
- New Album from Janet Jackson is Coming Soon
- Listen to Smokey Robinson & Elton John’s Update of ‘Tracks of My Tears’
- Brian Eno Compares Israel to KKK, Faults U.S. for Not Intervening
- Posthumous Album of Robin Gibb’s Final Recordings Coming in September
- Alice Cooper on Late Guitarist Dick Wagner: ‘He is Irreplaceable’