Letterman has the CBS Orchestra led by Paul Shaffer. Leno has The Tonight Show Band with Rickey Minor. Conan has Jimmy Vivino and the Basic Cable Band. Fallon has The Roots and Kimmel has Cleto and the Cletones. The only late night talk show host without a house band is The Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson. The Scottish-American doesn’t even have a human co-host: he has Geoff Peterson, an animatronic human skeleton with a mohawk.
Ferguson’s lack of house band will be remedied when New Jersey native and Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora joins the show in December for one week from the 3rd to 7th. The announcement will be made during tonight’s broadcast (11/16) but you can see the video from the cold opening below:
Sambora will perform music from his third solo album, Aftermath of the Lowdown, and some Bon Jovi hits, though that is not what Ferguson had in mind.
“I thought it would be great if you could be the house band on the show, but not necessarily play the guitar,” joked Ferguson. “Just you, naked, playing a tiny little harp.”
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson hasn’t employed a house band since its inception in January 2005 and there has been no announcement if one will be after Sambora’s one week stint.
–E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM/NYC
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Jay Z Bids on Prince’s Unreleased Music: Report
- The Rolling Stones Played a Private Gig for Patriots Owner Robert Kraft
- Win Tickets To The Jingle Bell Bottom Ball At The NYCB Theatre
- Watch an Epic Pentatonix Version of ‘Hallelujah’
- Get Ready for a Virtual Reality ABBA
- Watch Phil Collins Perform ‘In the Air Tonight’ with Tonight Show Band