Daryl Hall‘s award-winning web-to-cable series “Live from Daryl’s House” celebrated it’s 60th episode with special guest Joe Walsh. The legendary Eagles guitarist appearance on the latest episode featured hits from his own collection like “Rocky Mountain Way,” “Life’s Been Good” and a number from his recent release, Analog Man, called “Wrecking Ball,” plus Hall solo numbers “Someone Like You” and “Wrong Side of History.”
After performing “Funk 49/50,” a Walsh classic from his time in James Gang, Hall recalls “I was a kid in the Temptones back in Philly when I first heard ‘Funk 49.’ Joe was one of the first to take that blues-rock groove and really funk it out. He’s one of the great guitar legends, an amazing musician. I couldn’t wait to play with him.”
The admiration was mutual. “He’s been a favorite of mine for a long time,” Walsh said. “And I finally wound up on the East Coast with enough time to get up to Daryl’s and represent. It was great to finally play some music with him. The band’s great, the production crew’s great, and I totally support the home-grown concept. Hope everybody enjoys the show as much as I did.”
“Live from Daryl’s House” can be viewed every Thursday EST on Viacom’s high-definition music channel Palladia and select performances can be viewed on the official YouTube channel. The 60th episode with Joe Walsh airs tonight, November 15.
Past guests have included well-known artists like Jason Mraz, Cee Lo Green, Smokey Robinson, The Doors’ Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek to newcomers Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, The Dirty Heads, Matt Nathanson, and Fitz & the Tantrums.
–E.J. Judge, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- PETA Responds To Roger Moore Death By Replying to EVERYONE
- Classic Elton John Songs Get Reimagined Music Videos
- Paul McCartney Pays Tribute to Roger Moore
- This Week in History: The Clash Have a Run-In With the Law, Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’ Cover, Courtney Love’s Credit Trouble
- Beach Boys to Release Massive 50th Anniversary Collection
- Sir Roger Moore of James Bond Fame Passes After Short Cancer Battle; Celebrities React