November 27th marks 70 years since the birth of Jimi Hendrix, the man who changed electric guitar and rock and roll forever. Throughout November, CBS Local will remember the legendary musician’s life and career.
Hendrix is credited with being one of the founders of hard rock music, with artists from Def Leppard to Lemmy citing him as a huge influence. But his impact has been felt in every corner of popular music: Robert Lamm of Chicago tells CBS Local that his band was doing horn-based arrangements of Hendrix songs early on. Hendrix became a fan and supporter of the group, and when he expressed respect for Chicago’s late guitarist/leader Terry Kath, it meant a lot to the entire group.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- 5 Offbeat Ways To Celebrate The Holidays
- Kennedy Center Honorees Billy Joel & Carlos Santana Recognized At Star-studded Gala
- Sharpton: Retailers To List Shoppers’ ‘Bill Of Rights’
- Mr. G’s Wintry Monday Forecast
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake