A specially designed double-decker Beatles bus rolled through New York City yesterday, with one of its stops just blocks from the CBS-FM studios in SoHo. The specially made buses traveled through New York City and Los Angeles for the release of the band’s 180g vinyl remastered studio albums.
“Broadway” Bill Lee strolled over to see the Beatle’d out bus and discussed the importance, meaning and history of the Fab Four with fans that lined the streets to see the one of a kind ride.
For those that braved the cold and rain (while also spending some cash), a unique Beatles t-shirt was available, but supplies went quickly, as a second shipment had to be delivered.
Additionally, listening parties will be held beginning on November 19th at select music retailers. In Living Stereo on 2 Great Jones St. will host a listening party in New York City on Wednesday, December 5th. The new pressings will be played on completely hand-made, British hifi systems that will bring the 45s to life like they did many decades ago.
For more information on the listening parties, head over to thebeatles.com.
–E.J. Judge, WCBS-FM/CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 5/24/16
- Madonna Defends Her Billboard Awards Prince Tribute
- Steve Lukather of Toto on the Star Phone with Scott Shannon
- Win Tickets For Van Morrison At Forest Hills Stadium
- Questlove Defends Madonna’s Prince Tribute
- Win Tickets To The NHRA SummerNationals At Raceway Park