Paul McCartney Cheats Death In Nearly Averted Helicopter Accident
That might not have been the case, but for the quick decision making of a 55-year-old British helicopter pilot. According to a report from the UK’s Daily Mail, Paul and his wife Nancy Shevell were passengers on a helicopter traveling home to their estate in East Sussex on May 3 when bad weather nearly caused the chopper to crash into some trees.
The pilot, an unidentified native of Hertfordshire, became disoriented when low clouds, poor visibility and rain forced the Sikorsky S-76C plunging downward according to The Daily Mail. The pilot reacted just in time, narrowly missing the tree line by two feet. The aircraft later landed safely at a nearby airport. The report states that Paul and Nancy had no idea they were in grave danger.
Andrew Celani — WZLX/Boston
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Jerry Lewis Saved Tony Orlando’s Life, Twice