That might not have been the case, but for the quick decision making of a 55-year-old British helicopter pilot. According to a report from the UK’s Daily Mail, Paul and his wife Nancy Shevell were passengers on a helicopter traveling home to their estate in East Sussex on May 3 when bad weather nearly caused the chopper to crash into some trees.
The pilot, an unidentified native of Hertfordshire, became disoriented when low clouds, poor visibility and rain forced the Sikorsky S-76C plunging downward according to The Daily Mail. The pilot reacted just in time, narrowly missing the tree line by two feet. The aircraft later landed safely at a nearby airport. The report states that Paul and Nancy had no idea they were in grave danger.
Andrew Celani — WZLX/Boston
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Johnny Cash Bike Trail Christened in Folsom California
- Courtney Love Warned Actresses About Harvey Weinstein Back in 2005
- Win Tickets To Disco Ball Presents: Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Saturday Night Fever
- Listen To Win CBS-FM’s Free Fall Cash
- Win Passes For A Screening Of ‘Thank You for Your Service’
- Bob Seger’s Upcoming Album is Dedicated To Glenn Frey