That might not have been the case, but for the quick decision making of a 55-year-old British helicopter pilot. According to a report from the UK’s Daily Mail, Paul and his wife Nancy Shevell were passengers on a helicopter traveling home to their estate in East Sussex on May 3 when bad weather nearly caused the chopper to crash into some trees.
The pilot, an unidentified native of Hertfordshire, became disoriented when low clouds, poor visibility and rain forced the Sikorsky S-76C plunging downward according to The Daily Mail. The pilot reacted just in time, narrowly missing the tree line by two feet. The aircraft later landed safely at a nearby airport. The report states that Paul and Nancy had no idea they were in grave danger.
Andrew Celani — WZLX/Boston
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- John Oates Gets Into the Christmas Spirit with New Single ‘Santa Be Good To Me’
- John Oates’ Top 10 Holiday Songs of All Time
- Win Tickets To See Bon Jovi At MSG
- Bob Dylan Will Provide Nobel Prize Speech, Still Won’t Attend Ceremony
- Stone Temple Pilots Pay Tribute to Scott Weiland One Year After His Death
- Guns N’ Roses Announce 2017 World Tour Dates