Veterans Day 2012: Restaurants Offering Free And Cheap Meals To Veterans Sunday And Monday
The 93rd Veterans Day Parade will march up Fifth Avenue from 26th to 56th street Sunday morning! The parade is the country’s largest and former New York mayor Ed Kotch will be the grand marshal.
Also this year, 700 wounded warriors will march with 600,000 spectators expected to line the streets.
The parade kicks off at Madison Square Park’s Eternal Light Monument at 10:30 am with musical performances, a wreath-laying ceremony, 21-rifle salute and the playing of “Taps.”
The parade begins on the Fifth Avenue route at 26th street at 11:30 am and while we honor our bravest this weekend, restaurants are offering free meals to Vets Sunday or Monday!
Krispy Kreme gives free doughnuts and free small coffee) to vets on Sunday. Vets can choose from a dozen varieties, while Denny’s is offering all-you-can-eat pancakes to vets on Monday “to highlight our loyalty to such a key demographic.”
Here are some other offers to Vets:
- Hooters offers vets 10 free boneless wings on Sunday,
- Red Lobster on Sunday gives out free appetizers — even Lobster Pizza!
- Outback has free Bloomin’ Onion appetizers and soft drinks on Sunday and Monday.
- T.G.I. Friday’s lets vets pick any lunch item from the menu for free on Monday.
- Free meals for vets are available Sunday at Olive Garden, Applebee’s, Pizzeria Uno and Chili’s
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Enter to Win: Holiday Doo Wop Extravaganza
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Elvis Costello Jams with The New Basement Tapes on ‘Kansas City’ Session: Watch
- Broken Wrists & Ebola: Dr. Oz Gives All The Advice You’ll Need
- The Rolling Stones Releasing New Photo Book With Sticker Shock-Inducing Price Tag