Be warned: New York and Long Island have started a gas rationing system! It started at 6am, with odd number license plates along with custom letter plates getting gas on odd days.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Even numbered plates get their gas tomorrow (Saturday).
- Taxis, commercial vehicles, doctors and city workers can get gas any day
- Mayor Bloomberg says the system will stay in effect “until it’s not needed anymore” which could be weeks
Governor Christie says he will “re-evaluate” the rationing system in New Jersey over the weekend and may bring it to an end by Monday morning.
Other Sandy-related developments:
- The Queens Midtown Tunnel is open in both directions as of 6am this morning! Trucks are still banned from the tunnel
- L trains re back up and running in both directions, making all local stops between Manhattan and Brooklyn
- 130,000 tons of storm debris has been taken away by the Department of Sanitation so far, and they say the garbage still sitting in storm ravaged area “will soon become a major health concern”
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dramas: Explained
- Win Tickets To See ‘Memories of Frank… Celebrating 100 Years of Sinatra’
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket up for Auction
- B.B. King’s Band Tours with Bluesman Jesse Robinson
- Listen: The Monkees’ New Song ‘She Makes Me Laugh’ Written by Rivers Cuomo of Weezer