Long Island And New York City Begin Gas Rationing Today
Be warned: New York and Long Island have started a gas rationing system! It started at 6am, with odd number license plates along with custom letter plates getting gas on odd days.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Even numbered plates get their gas tomorrow (Saturday).
- Taxis, commercial vehicles, doctors and city workers can get gas any day
- Mayor Bloomberg says the system will stay in effect “until it’s not needed anymore” which could be weeks
Governor Christie says he will “re-evaluate” the rationing system in New Jersey over the weekend and may bring it to an end by Monday morning.
Other Sandy-related developments:
- The Queens Midtown Tunnel is open in both directions as of 6am this morning! Trucks are still banned from the tunnel
- L trains re back up and running in both directions, making all local stops between Manhattan and Brooklyn
- 130,000 tons of storm debris has been taken away by the Department of Sanitation so far, and they say the garbage still sitting in storm ravaged area “will soon become a major health concern”
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- The Persuasions Say Jamie xx Didn’t Ask to Use Sample on New Song, Later Denied
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- CBS-FM’s Top 500 Memorial Day Weekend Countdown