Jersey Worlds Collide: “Boardwalk Empire” Star Bobby Cannavale Reads Springsteen Bio Audiobook
The new Bruce Springsteen biography, simply called Bruce, has been getting a good amount of press lately, as it is the first time Springsteen has cooporated with a biographer. But if you prefer listening to books rather than reading them, you might be interested in buying (or downloading) the audio version of the book.
Bobby Cannavale, who plays the fearsome character ” ‘Gyp’ Rosetti” on the HBO drama Boardwalk Empire, is the voice you’ll hear if you decide to go with the audio version.
Bruce author Peter Ames Carlin said, “He’s obviously a terrific actor, but he’s also got that Jersey background.”
Cannavale also starred in another classic Jersey film, 2003’s The Station Agent. The author notes, “He knows Bruce, they’ve hung out a little bit.” That helped Cannavale to get the nuances of Springsteen’s voice down when he was reading direct quotes.
As for the book itself, not only was Springsteen interviewed, but several members of the E Street Band were as well, some of them (notably bassist Gary Tallent) airing grievances about their leader.
Also included in the book were several people from his personal life, including childhood friends, ex-girlfriends and even his ex-wife Julianne Phillips.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Watch Every On-Screen Death From The Original ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy In Under 3 Minutes
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen
- Kids Cry Tears of Joy Upon Return of Missing Cat