The new Bruce Springsteen biography, simply called Bruce, has been getting a good amount of press lately, as it is the first time Springsteen has cooporated with a biographer. But if you prefer listening to books rather than reading them, you might be interested in buying (or downloading) the audio version of the book.
Bobby Cannavale, who plays the fearsome character ” ‘Gyp’ Rosetti” on the HBO drama Boardwalk Empire, is the voice you’ll hear if you decide to go with the audio version.
Bruce author Peter Ames Carlin said, “He’s obviously a terrific actor, but he’s also got that Jersey background.”
Cannavale also starred in another classic Jersey film, 2003’s The Station Agent. The author notes, “He knows Bruce, they’ve hung out a little bit.” That helped Cannavale to get the nuances of Springsteen’s voice down when he was reading direct quotes.
As for the book itself, not only was Springsteen interviewed, but several members of the E Street Band were as well, some of them (notably bassist Gary Tallent) airing grievances about their leader.
Also included in the book were several people from his personal life, including childhood friends, ex-girlfriends and even his ex-wife Julianne Phillips.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Pearl Jam Share Wrigley Field Documentary Details
- Watch Foo Fighters and Rick Astley Perform ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’
- Win Tickets To See Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- Win Tickets For Hot Autumn Nights At NYCB Theater
- Win CBS-FM’s Caribbean Escape With The Song Of The Day
- Win Passes For An Advanced Screening Of ‘IT’