Reporting Vincent Roszkowski
This Tuesday, November 13th, Beatles fans can relieve history by purchasing memorabilia when the Beatles pop-up shop comes to town in NYC and Los Angeles.
The specially designed double-decker buses will feature tons of historic Beatles merchandise to celebrate the 180 Gram vinyl release of the groups Grammy winning remastered studio albums. A 252-page hardbound book will also be available if you purchase the deluxe box edition of the vinyl, along with CDs in stereo and mono, as well as restored DVDs of the band’s iconic Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine feature films.
Also, if you’re feeling fancy, a special Beatles t-shirt unique to NYC and L.A. will be available exclusively on the bus with a minimum purchase, while supplies last of course!
The Beatles’ mobile pop-up shops will make stops next Tuesday, November 13 at the following confirmed locations:
- Midtown (9:30am – 11am): Seventh Avenue, between 49th Street and 50th Street
- SoHo (12pm – 1:30pm): Broadway, between Prince Street and Spring Street
- Wall Street (2:30pm – 4pm): Broadway, between Cortlandt Street and Liberty Street
- Hollywood (9:30am – 11am): Capitol Records, 1750 North Vine Street
- Santa Monica (12pm – 1:30pm): 1324 5th Street at Arizona Avenue (ICE at Santa Monica ice skating rink)
- Downtown (2:30pm – 4pm): L.A. Live (at Olympic Boulevard and South Figueroa Street)
We can’t wait for the pop-up to pop-up, so join WCBS-FM at the SoHo location @12pm to celebrate this awesome day in Beatles history.
As an added bonus, beginning on November 19th select music retailers will be hosting listening parties for remastered Beatles’ vinyl. Each location will present the new pressings on completely hand-made, British hifi systems so you can hear every tiny difference between what you’ve been listening to on your 45′s up to this point.
The NYC event will take place on Wednesday, December 5th @ In Living Stereo (2 Great Jones St, NYC 10012).
Get more info on the pop up shops and listening parties at TheBeatles.com.
–Vincent Roszkowski & Joe Cingrana, WCBS-FM
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Mr. G’s Wintry Monday Forecast
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- This Week In History: The Beginning Of Elton John’s Greatness & More
- KISS, Nirvana Lead Fan Ballot For Induction Into Rock Hall