Vote For Rock’s Greatest Drummer
Our friends at Los Angeles alternative rock station KROQ are holding a poll to determine who rock’s greatest drummer is. Several legendary artists are included in the poll: Ginger Baker of Cream, Frank Beard of ZZ Top, John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, Stewart Copeland of The Police and Neil Peart of Rush, among many others.
But, as may be expected from a younger-leaning radio station, a younger drummer is leading the poll. In fact, the guy in the lead is enjoying a fairly wide margin. Who is it you might ask? Perhaps Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters and Nirvana? Matt Cameron from Soundgarden and Pearl Jam? Maybe Lars Ulrich from Metallica?
Nope. It’s this guy:
(photo credit: Ethan Miller, Getty Images)
If you don’t recognized the heavily-inked guy behind the kit, it’s Travis Barker from the punk/pop band Blink-182. He’s leading the pack by a wide margin. As of this writing, he has 65% of the vote. Thousands of votes behind in second place (with 5% of the vote) is Dave Grohl. After that it’s a three-way tie for third between Carter Beauford of The Dave Matthews Band, John Bonham and Neil Peart.
So the question is, are you ready for Mr. Travis Barker to be crowned the best drummer ever, over Bonham, Peart, Keith Moon, Charlie Watts and Ringo Starr? We didn’t think so. So vote for your favorite below, and be sure to share this with your old-school rock loving pals.
Voting closes Friday, November 16 at 10AM PST. Rock’s greatest drummer will be revealed Monday, November 19 at 10 am PT.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week in History: The Beatles Take Over the Charts, Johnny Taylor’s ‘Disco Lady’ + Styx’s ‘Paradise Theatre
- This Teletubbies & Joy Division Mashup Video Will Haunt Your Dreams
- The Who Could Be Writing a New Album
- Duran Duran’s New Album Features Nile Rodgers, John Frusciante, Mark Ronson Collabs
- Win Tickets For Bryan Adams’ ‘Reckless Tour’
- Jimmy Fallon Singing ‘Barbara Ann’ with Wax Statues of Himself Is a Little Creepy