Our friends at Los Angeles alternative rock station KROQ are holding a poll to determine who rock’s greatest drummer is. Several legendary artists are included in the poll: Ginger Baker of Cream, Frank Beard of ZZ Top, John Bonham of Led Zeppelin, Stewart Copeland of The Police and Neil Peart of Rush, among many others.
But, as may be expected from a younger-leaning radio station, a younger drummer is leading the poll. In fact, the guy in the lead is enjoying a fairly wide margin. Who is it you might ask? Perhaps Dave Grohl of Foo Fighters and Nirvana? Matt Cameron from Soundgarden and Pearl Jam? Maybe Lars Ulrich from Metallica?
Nope. It’s this guy:
(photo credit: Ethan Miller, Getty Images)
If you don’t recognized the heavily-inked guy behind the kit, it’s Travis Barker from the punk/pop band Blink-182. He’s leading the pack by a wide margin. As of this writing, he has 65% of the vote. Thousands of votes behind in second place (with 5% of the vote) is Dave Grohl. After that it’s a three-way tie for third between Carter Beauford of The Dave Matthews Band, John Bonham and Neil Peart.
So the question is, are you ready for Mr. Travis Barker to be crowned the best drummer ever, over Bonham, Peart, Keith Moon, Charlie Watts and Ringo Starr? We didn’t think so. So vote for your favorite below, and be sure to share this with your old-school rock loving pals.
Voting closes Friday, November 16 at 10AM PST. Rock’s greatest drummer will be revealed Monday, November 19 at 10 am PT.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Shannon in the Morning’s Summer Blast Off 2017 | Live from the Jersey Shore!
- Win Tickets To ‘The Big Sick’ Comedy Tour
- NYC Consumer Affairs Commissioner Lorelei Salas Is Combating Predatory Lending In The Used Car Industry
- Anthony Daniels Almost Turned Down the Roll of C-3PO
- Nicole Scherzinger Addresses Black Eyed Peas Rumors
- Paul Simon and Stephen Colbert Update ‘Feelin’ Groovy’ for Scary 2017