Listen To A New Rolling Stones Song, ‘One More Shot’
The second song from the Rolling Stones’ recording session in Paris back in September has hit the web, ahead of its official release today.
Titled “One More Shot,” the upbeat track is far less political than the “raunchy rocker” “Doom and Gloom,” the first song to be revealed from the Stones’ new recording sessions.
The song is equal parts “Start Me Up,” “Jumping Jack Flash” and “Street Fighting Man,” with an easy, feel-good groove to it. It’s a singalong track with a bit of backup vocals filling out Jagger’s voice, and there’s a slight country-blues feel to it. “Give me one more shot/That’s all I got,” Jagger sings. Listen below.
“One More Shot” and “Doom and Gloom” appear on the Stones’ upcoming GRRR! greatest hits compilation, out November 13th. They were recorded during the band’s four-day recording session with longtime producer Don Was last month in France.
What do you think of the Stones’ new song? Tell us in the comments section below!
– Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Joan Jett And The Blackhearts Performing At CBS-FM’s Saturday In The Park – August 22
- Lionel Richie’s ‘Hello’ Music Video Without Music is Unsettling and Creepy
- The Human League’s ‘Don’t You Want Me’ Has Too Many Words
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: July 31, 2015
- Win Tickets To The Premiere Of “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”