The second song from the Rolling Stones’ recording session in Paris back in September has hit the web, ahead of its official release today.
Titled “One More Shot,” the upbeat track is far less political than the “raunchy rocker” “Doom and Gloom,” the first song to be revealed from the Stones’ new recording sessions.
The song is equal parts “Start Me Up,” “Jumping Jack Flash” and “Street Fighting Man,” with an easy, feel-good groove to it. It’s a singalong track with a bit of backup vocals filling out Jagger’s voice, and there’s a slight country-blues feel to it. “Give me one more shot/That’s all I got,” Jagger sings. Listen below.
“One More Shot” and “Doom and Gloom” appear on the Stones’ upcoming GRRR! greatest hits compilation, out November 13th. They were recorded during the band’s four-day recording session with longtime producer Don Was last month in France.
What do you think of the Stones’ new song? Tell us in the comments section below!
– Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Elton John Fights ‘Potentially Deadly’ Infection, Cancels Shows
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Surprise Set at Steven Van Zandt Concert
- Win Passes To A Special Screening Of ‘Saturday Night Fever’
- Win Passes To A Screening Of ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword’
- This Week In History: Hippies on Broadway; Paul & John Say “No” to SNL; Rod Stewart Says “Bye” to Porsche; How much for that Fender Strat?; Sheryl Crow Helps the Environment?!
- Win Tickets To See Diana Ross At NY City Center