For the second year in a row, “Brooklyn’s Own” Joe Causi traveled to Staten Island to crown the winner of the best pizza in the tri-state. And the deserving recipient for 2012 was Lee’s Tavern.
Joe spoke with the incredibly hands on owners, a close knit family that has kept the business running for over 100 years, and he was even treated to a pie-making lesson back in the kitchen. After tasting the wares, Joe was convinced; Lee’s deserves this high honor during the best month of the year: National Pizza Month.
After taking listener submissions and letting the public vote, Lee’s took the top spot for 2012′s search for the tastiest slice in town. Check out the video of Joe’s visit below:
Staten Island took the title for the second year in a row, last year being Ciro’s.
Lee’s Tavern is located at the Dongan Hills train station on the SIRT, just minutes from the Staten Island Ferry. By car it can be reached via Hylan Boulevard or Richmond Road at 60 Hancock Street (Staten Island, NY 10305) and you can call (718) 667-9749.
PHOTOS: Joe Causi @ Lee’s Tavern
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Music Community Mourns
- Bruce Springsteen Manuscript Sold at Auction for $197,000
- Madonna Shows Support for Russian LGBT Community With New Campaign
- The Top 10 Best Songs From 1979
- The 5 Best Holiday Shows To See In NYC This Season
- David Bowie Debuts ‘I’d Rather Be High’ Video