Planes, Trains & Automobiles: Giving Thanks To Those That Got NYC Up And Running Again
It was a week ago when the entire tri-state area was torn apart by the super storm known as Hurricane Sandy. Possessions were destroyed, homes were ravaged and lives were lost. In the days that followed, survivors were left in the cold with nowhere to stay and no food to eat. But we are a resilient bunch and the tri-state showed their true colors, coming to the aid of everyone in need.
And within days, the systems that connect us all together were up and running: New York City’s subways, Jersey Transit, Metro North, the LIRR, the airports and our bustling streets; all because the employees of the MTA and others worked around the clock to take one of the necessary first steps for a return to normalcy.
Today in the CBS-FM Hall of Fame, we salute Planes, Trains and Automobiles (NOT the movie, though we love it); a salute to those that got everything up and running again!
Steve Miller Band “Jet Airliner”
The Hollies “Bus Stop”
Bruce Springsteen “Pink Cadillac”
Sheena Easton “Morning Train”
The Miracles “The Tracks of My Tears”
Sandy In Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Hits Hard On Staten Island
- People Doing Everything BUT Stay Inside During Sandy
More Sandy Content:
- Chopper 23 vs Sandy – Amazing Staten Island Aerial Rescues
- Recovery Mix: Songs To Help You Clean Up After Sandy
- Picking Up the Emotional Pieces After Sandy
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- John Waters Does The Unthinkable—Hitchhikes Across America!
- Why Do Beatles Fans Care So Much About Mono?
- George Harrison Memorial Tree Destroyed By Beetles
- Turn Down For What: Old Man Throws Down Crutches, Sweet Dance Moves
- Charlie The Dog Apologizes To Baby After Stealing Toy
- Celebrate Scott Shannon’s 101st Show at Our Special Live Broadcast at City Winery NYC