Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi, Sting, Billy Joel and Christina Aguilera have all signed on for a a televised benefit concert to aid victims of the recent storm that decimated the northeast. “Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together” will air at 8 pm ET Friday (November 2) on networks owned by NBC Universal (including NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, among others). Other artists are expected to be added to the program.
The show will be hosted by network personality Matt Lauer, and other network stars Brian Williams and Jimmy Fallon will also appear. Money collected will be donated to American Red Cross relief efforts.
The Red Cross provides shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance to those affected by disasters like Hurricane Sandy. To donate, visit RedCross.org, call 1-800-RED-CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
More Sandy Photos:
- Hurricane Sandy: “Frankenstorm” In Photos
- 21 Photos Displaying The Damage Levied By Hurricane Sandy
- 30 Heartbreaking Images Of Breezy Point After Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy On Staten Island
- People Doing Everything BUT Stay Inside During Hurricane Sandy
- Hurricane Sandy Is Raining All Over Barack Obama
More Sandy Content:
- Chopper 23 vs Sandy – Amazing Staten Island Aerial Rescues Caught On Film
- Two Kids Dance “Gangnam Style” In Superstorm Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Hurricane Sandy: Musicians Take To Twitter [92.3 NOW]
- Recovery Mix: Songs To Help You Clean Up After Sandy [Fresh 102.7]
- Netflix Streaming Suggestions If You’ve Been Stranded By Sandy [92.3 NOW]
- Picking Up thhe Emotional Pieces After Sandy [WCBS-FM]
- Sandy Recovery Begins [WCBS-FM]
Read More On WCBSFM.com: