We are just over a month away from the biggest shopping day of the year, Black Friday, but the Wall Street Journal says you are probably wasting your time getting up at 1am for that deal.
After crunching years of pricing data for a number of typical holiday gifts, The Journal has turned up that Black Friday is NOT the best time to shop.
They say that gifts are often priced below Black Friday levels at various times throughout the year, even during the holiday season.
- Watches and jewelry get more expensive as the season progresses
- Blenders, which might sit around for months if they aren’t bought in the holiday window, get much cheaper at the end
- The best holiday-season time to buy a flat-screen television or the hottest toys is in October
They say the industry has managed to use Black Friday into a “marketing bonanza” while still making a profit.
Read more about this fascinating study from the Wall Street Journal and tell us what you think:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: The Mamas And The Papas Plus A Double Dose From The ’70s & ’80s
- Joe Causi’s Top 5 Movies From The 1980s
- George Michael Injured In Car Crash
- Make It So: A ‘Star Trek’ Playlist
- Study Shows ‘Fat Talkers’ Not Popular In Social Circles