Art Garfunkel Cancels 2012 Tour Over Vocal Cord Health
Though his new album is titled The Singer, Art Garfunkel will not be able to do just that. Garfunkel has been forced to indefinitely postpone his remaining 2012 tour dates due to linger vocal cord issues, his rep confirms today to CBS Local.
Concerns over Garfunkel’s tour dates started last month when he postponed dates, and again last weekend when he missed two concerts in Sweden. His rep told us earlier this week that Garfunkel was “back in New York recovering” from vocal cord issues.
Now Garfunkel will have to scrap the rest of his scheduled tour: six North American shows this month, two in November and one in December.
“I had such hopes of being finally ready to perform,” Garfunkel said in a statement. “How painful to try and not be quite yet there.”
Manager John Scher added: “Art wants to perform, more than anything. He’s going to come back stronger than ever.”
Garfunkel has struggled with vocal cord paresis in recent years, causing Simon & Garfunkel to indefinitely postpone a 2009 tour. However, Garfunkel has recently recorded some new solo material, including the ballad “Lena,” for a new career-spanning collection called The Singer, which was released in August.
- Jillian Mapes, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Morrissey Calls Bodyguard’s Claims He Ordered a Hit on Fan Site Owner a ‘Vexatious Lie’
- Smokey Robinson Recruits Mary J. Blige for ‘Being Without You': Listen
- Q&A: Graham Nash Captures an Historical Moment With ‘CSNY 1974′
- Brad Blanks On the Sharknado 2 Red Carpet w/ Ian Ziering
- Traaaaain! This Video Should Convince You To Stay OFF the Tracks!
- Little Girl Doesn’t Want Her Baby Brother To Grow Up