Tomorrow afternoon as the world’s leaders gather in New York for the UN General Assembly, top artists and 60,000 rock fans will convene at New York City’s Central Park for the Global Citizen Festival, a massive, free ticketed advocacy concert that will put the movement to end extreme poverty in the headlines.
Photos: Global Citizen Festival
The event unites rockers, celebrities and non-profits to urge world leaders to work towards ending poverty, and to encourage everyone else to do their part as well. Watch the video below for more information and how you can get active. You can watch a live stream of the concert here this Saturday at 4:30 pm ET.
If you’re already booked tomorrow afternoon, not to worry.You can watch replays on Sunday.
For more info on the concert and the Global Poverty Project, visit the organization’s official site.
– Zach Nechvatal, WXRT/Chicago
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Barbra Streisand Set To Perform in Israel
- From The Doors To X, Ray Manzarek’s Legacy – In His Own Words
- Study Shows Many Handbags Have More Bacteria Than A Toilet
- Out Today: The Rolling Stones Documentary Crossfire Hurricane
- Mr. G’s Hot And Humid Tuesday Forecast
- Turntable Tuesday: The Who’s Head Smashing Performance Of ‘My Generation’