Who’s the Boss?
Well, Tony Danza is most certainly a boss.
In August he told the Wall Street Journal that he was thinking of running for mayor in 2013, “I’m of a certain age, and you see things, and you think maybe you could help. You say: ‘Let me fix the city. Let me run for Mayor.”
This is a man who loves New York, so much so that when the 61-year old actor was at the Brooklyn Book Festival on Sunday, promoting his new book “I’d Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had” he performed a rap about it…well, Brooklyn to be more specific.
When he should have been on stage talking about his year as an inner city teacher, he instead decided to wrap a list of famous Brooklynites. Danza himself is a proud native. His list includes rappers, and playwrites, and TV personalities such as Busta Rhymes, Jackie Gleason, Arthur Miller, Jay-Z, and Larry David.
How can you not love this man. I will most definitely be voting Danza for Mayor in 2013!
–Kimberly Rae Miller, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Win Tickets To Studio 54 Night At Resorts World Casino
- Tom Hanks Recreates ‘Big’ Rap
- Toni Braxton Wears Heart Monitor on Stage
- ZZ Top Announce 2017 Tonnage Tour
- Boy George, Pet Shop Boys, More Pay Tribute to Late Dead or Alive Singer
- CBS-FM’s Holiday In Brooklyn | James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett & Sarah McLachlan