What do we love the most about San Gennaro? The food, of course!
What’s your favorite? Sausage and peppers? Pizza? A warm zeppole? I love ‘em all! There’s nothing like enjoying the once-a-year feast and all its treats. But what do we do when the festival is over? Sure, we can try to duplicate these dishes at home, but we all know that might not work out like we planned.
This year we’re getting some help from two guys who aren’t even Italian. Holy Cannoli! Ben and Jerry’s is going to give us a frozen Italian treat that I can’t wait to try; Cannoli Ice Cream!
The latest B&J creation will include a mascarpone ice cream with fudge covered cannoli pieces and a mascarpone swirl. Ben & Jerry’s PR Extraordinaire Liz Stewart told the Huffington Post:
“Whenever we develop a new flavor, we start with a big, sky’s-the-limit idea and narrow it down from there. So, before Holy Cannoli was Holy Cannoli years ago, we had LOTS of different batches of what we thought a cannoli-flavored ice cream might taste like. Putting out a different cannoli ice cream flavor is our chance to show our fans just how much we love playing with our food: we love it so much that we don’t just stop at one final flavor!”
The limited batch flavor is available now through January.
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Steven Van Zandt On James Gandolfini: “I Have Lost A Brother And A Best Friend”
- Never Say Die: Black Sabbath Hit #1 On Billboard Album Charts
- Brad Paisley Plays ‘Dead Flowers’ With The Rolling Stones: Watch
- Beatles Bring Paper And Scissors For Stones Face-off
- Goodbye Golden Arcs: Queens Restaurant From ‘Coming To America’ To Be Razed
- Dick Cavett On Hand For Screening Of Film Showcasing Backup Singers