Congratulations are definitely in order for Annie Lennox. The singer was married last weekend to American doctor, Mitch Besser.
Annie took to Facebook to thank fans for their congratulatory messages. She also posted a photo of herself and her new husband signing off as Mrs. Lennox Besser.
The two reportedly met in 2009 through his charity, mothers2mothers, that is based in Africa and looks to reduce mother-to-child HIV transmission. A cause that is also close to the singer’s heart, who has raised money for HIV charities, including Besser’s, throughout her career.
The ceremony took place on a private boat on the Thames River with the bride wearing a long white gown and a vintage headpiece, reported People. Her daughters, 22-year-old Lola and 19-year-old Tali were her bridesmaids.
Lennox was previously married to German Hare Krishna devotee Radha Raman and Israeli film producer Uri Fruchtmann, who is the father of her two daughters.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- New Destiny’s Child Instagram Account Fuels Reunion Rumors
- A Tribe Called Quest Confirms Final Album, Release Date
- Lady Gaga Could Front Led Zeppelin
- Paul McCartney Writes New Song ‘In the Blink of an Eye’
- CBS2’s John Elliott is Making His Stand-Up Comedy Debut November 15 at Caroline’s
- The Who’s Roger Daltrey Says Rock is Dead