The Voice kicked off it’s third season this week, and while the ratings have been strong, it has yet to launch a true pop superstar, a la American Idol‘s Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or Chris Daughtry.
But Voice season 1 finalist Beverly McClellan has gotten some exposure to rock fans lately. She is a guest star on guitar god Steve Vai’s new album The Story Of Light, singing a cover of Blind Willie Johnson’s “John The Revelator,” and she’s also opening for him on his current tour (and joining him onstage each night). It seems like an unlikely combo, but Vai told CBS Local that when he heard McClellan sing at at NARAS event, he knew he wanted to collaborate with her.
(photo of Beverly McClellan by Kevin Winter, Getty Images)
Vai’s U.S. tour lasts through mid-October. Meanwhile, you can catch the latest crop of up-and-coming singers on this season of The Voice.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Jay Z Bids on Prince’s Unreleased Music: Report
- The Rolling Stones Played a Private Gig for Patriots Owner Robert Kraft
- Win Tickets To The Jingle Bell Bottom Ball At The NYCB Theatre
- Watch an Epic Pentatonix Version of ‘Hallelujah’
- Get Ready for a Virtual Reality ABBA
- Watch Phil Collins Perform ‘In the Air Tonight’ with Tonight Show Band