Steve Vai Talks “Voice” Season 1 Finalist Beverly McClellan [VIDEO]
The Voice kicked off it’s third season this week, and while the ratings have been strong, it has yet to launch a true pop superstar, a la American Idol‘s Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or Chris Daughtry.
But Voice season 1 finalist Beverly McClellan has gotten some exposure to rock fans lately. She is a guest star on guitar god Steve Vai’s new album The Story Of Light, singing a cover of Blind Willie Johnson’s “John The Revelator,” and she’s also opening for him on his current tour (and joining him onstage each night). It seems like an unlikely combo, but Vai told CBS Local that when he heard McClellan sing at at NARAS event, he knew he wanted to collaborate with her.
(photo of Beverly McClellan by Kevin Winter, Getty Images)
Vai’s U.S. tour lasts through mid-October. Meanwhile, you can catch the latest crop of up-and-coming singers on this season of The Voice.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: “Little” Stevie Wonder, Rose Royce and Hall & Oates
- SkyMall Declares Bankruptcy, But Its Craziest Products Live On
- Bob Dylan Treating 50,000 AARP Members to His New Album
- ELO’s ‘Strange Magic': 8 Great Electric Light Orchestra Song Placements in Movies
- Rick Springfield Declares the Trial Over His Butt is Over
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 23, 2015