Steve Vai Talks “Voice” Season 1 Finalist Beverly McClellan [VIDEO]
The Voice kicked off it’s third season this week, and while the ratings have been strong, it has yet to launch a true pop superstar, a la American Idol‘s Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or Chris Daughtry.
But Voice season 1 finalist Beverly McClellan has gotten some exposure to rock fans lately. She is a guest star on guitar god Steve Vai’s new album The Story Of Light, singing a cover of Blind Willie Johnson’s “John The Revelator,” and she’s also opening for him on his current tour (and joining him onstage each night). It seems like an unlikely combo, but Vai told CBS Local that when he heard McClellan sing at at NARAS event, he knew he wanted to collaborate with her.
(photo of Beverly McClellan by Kevin Winter, Getty Images)
Vai’s U.S. tour lasts through mid-October. Meanwhile, you can catch the latest crop of up-and-coming singers on this season of The Voice.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- This Week In History: Wham! And ‘Make It Big’
- Interview: The National’s Matt Berninger on Closeted Indie Rock Deadheads
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Will U2 Fans Have To Wait Until 2015 to Hear the Band’s New Album?
- Bruce Springsteen’s ‘High Hopes’ Documentary Is Coming to HBO
- CBS-FM Star Phone: Jerry Lewis Saved Tony Orlando’s Life, Twice