Led Zeppelin’s Countdown Hits “1”
Led Zeppelin‘s countdown continued today, with the band posting a photo of the number “1” to their Facebook page. The band has been counting down to something since this weekend, and there’s a lot of speculation as to what the band will do, or announce, when the countdown ends tomorrow, September 13.
Reading through the comments on Facebook, theories among fans vary greatly: the conservative bets are on an announcement of a release of the band’s 2007 reunion concert from London’s O2 Arena (with many comments citing various media reports pointing to that). More hopeful fans, of course, are wishing for an announcement of a reunion of the surviving members, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. Others postulate that the band will announce the release of all of their albums in expanded and/or remastered form.
One thing seems fairly certain: Page, Plant and Jones will be together in Washington, D.C. on December 2 when they receive the Kennedy Center Honors award, alongside Buddy Guy, David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova. While the band will receive the honor whether or not all (or any) members attend, nearly every living recipient attends the gala. Unlike the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, Kennedy Center honorees never perform: instead they watch other artists reinterpret their work. The honorees sit together with The President and The First Lady and simply enjoy the show.
In other Zeppelin news, Light And Shade: Conversations With Jimmy Page, a compilation of interviews with the band’s leader/guitarist conducted by Guitar World/Revolver Editor-In-Chief Brad Tolinski, comes out October 23.
— Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Taylor Swift & Beyonce Are Among Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women
- Paul McCartney Actually Played ‘Temporary Secretary’ & Sang with Dave Grohl Over the Weekend
- Neil Young Premieres Tracklist, ‘American Gothic’-Inspired Album Artwork of ‘The Monsanto Years’
- Watch a Previously Unseen TV Interview with Jerry Garcia
- B.B. King’s Daughters Allege He Was Poisoned, Lawyer Says That’s ‘Ridiculous’
- Radio.com Minimation: Slash Performs with Michael Jackson, But Doesn’t Dance