Led Zeppelin: “Good Times, Bad Times” To Come?
Over the weekend, Led Zeppelin posted cryptic photos of the words “Five” and “Four,” followed by the Roman numeral “III” to their official Facebook page. At first, Zeppelin fans wondered what the significance of “Five” was, until it became clear that the band is counting down to… something.
In the past day, they’ve posted three more times: first, a 16 second long YouTube video, where cheering (likely at a concert) is heard, but nothing is seen on the dark screen, except for Led Zeppelin’s “four symbols” for a few seconds.
Earlier today, they posted the Roman numeral “II,” and shortly after that came another YouTube video. In this one, 14 seconds long, the opening riff to Zeppelin’s “Good Times Bad Times” is heard. The screen is again dark, except for a few seconds of the “four symbols” followed by the band’s iconic logo.
“Good Times Bad Times” is the opening track on their self-titled debut album from 1969. It also opened their one-off reunion concert at London’s O2 Arena on December 10, 2007. Bootlegged versions of that performance (which featured founding members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones with Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham) are available on YouTube, and you can compare and contrast and try to figure out if the version in the newly posted video is from that concert.
While there is some speculation that the group is counting down to an announcement of a reunion of some kind, that seems unlikely, as Robert Plant has been working with a new backing band, The Sensational Shape Shifters. What does seem likely is that the band is counting down to an announcement a live release of the 2007 reunion concert. As of now, Zeppelin fans are looking forward to Thursday, when the Zeppelin countdown will end.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Tom Petty Slams EDM Culture and Electric Daisy Carnival: ‘Watch People Play Records? That’s Stupid’
- Paul McCartney Sets Wings’ ‘Venus and Mars’ and ‘At the Speed of Sound’ Reissue Dates
- Beastie Boys ‘Paul’s Boutique’ Mural Unveiled in New York City
- Aretha Franklin, Johnny Rockets Employee Have Beef, Singer Ordered Not to Sit Inside Restaurant
- Susan Sarandon Spills Secrets About Affair With David Bowie
- Jon Bon Jovi Wants The Bills To Stay In Buffalo; Will Perform Benefit Show For Parker Family Clinic