The Who will once again hit the road this November, but if you prefer to see the younger version of the band (with now-deceased original members John Entwistle and Keith Moon), you’ll want to pick up The Who Live In Texas ’75 on DVD, due out October 9.
Shot at the beginning of their tour for The Who By Numbers, they included a number of songs from that album including “Squeeze Box,” “However Much I Booze,” “Dreaming From The Waist,” as well as earlier classics like “Substitute,” “I Can’t Explain,” “Baba O’Riley” and “Behind Blue Eyes” and an extended Tommy section, with “Amazing Journey,” “Acid Queen,” “Pinball Wizard,” “I’m Free” and “We’re Not Gonna Take It/See Me, Feel Me.”
If you want to get the inside story behind this tour, you’ll probably want to pick up Pete Townshend’s book, Who I Am: A Memoir, when it comes out on October 8.
– Brian Ives, CBS Local
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Aretha Franklin Postpones Tour To July
- Jon Bon Jovi To Justin Bieber: ‘You’re an a**hole’
- Bowie Bassist Trevor Bolder Dies At 62
- Director Brett Morgen Talks Rolling Stones Doc ‘Crossfire Hurricane’
- Producer Steve Lillywhite Attributes U2 Connection To Ian Curtis Death
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Brings ‘Satisfaction’ To Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame